How to Repurpose Your Styles
Hey girl! Do you have a few favorite pieces in your closet that you would wear over and over if you could, but you don’t want to repeat the same outfits? I feel you! Here are some ways that you can start repurposing and wearing your favorite pieces in many different ways!
The Classic Hoodie:
Who doesn’t love wearing a hoodie all day, every day? If you're the type who only thinks of wearing leggings with your hoodies, I’m here to change your mind! There are so many cute trendy ways to style a hoodie, but here are a few of my favorites:
- Layers - Wear a hoodie under a classy knee-length jacket or jean jacket. Then for bottoms, I’d go with a pair of your everyday boyfriend jeans or leggings!
- Athleisure Wear - Matching sets of sweatpants and hoodies are so in right now and they're also super comfy when paired together!
- Oversized - Looking for a laidback, but put-together look? Grab your oversized hoodie, boyfriend jeans, chunky sneaks, and you're ready for a day with your girlfriends! Or, for more of a spring option, swap out the boyfriend jeans for biker shorts.
Doc Martens/Lace-Up Boots:
Are you a doc’s girl? I recently got a pair of off-brand white lace-up boots that I’m in LOVE with! I was unsure at first if I could pull off these statement boots, but I love how classy and stylish they make my outfits look. If you are into wearing chunky boots, then girl, here are a few looks you can pull off wearing the same statement boots:
- Rolled Mom Jeans - This is such a classic look that you can’t go wrong with. Plus, your options for tops are basically endless! A dainty blouse, a graphic tee, or a chunky sweater, anything works!
- Dressed-Up Doc’s - Now what a spicy, yet girly look! What’s more trendy than a flirty dress with some statement boots?
- Midi Skirt and Tee - Start by finding your favorite oversized tee and tucking it into a midi skirt, then just add your boots, and you’re golden!
The Favorite Midi Dress:
Do you have a few midi-dresses in your closet that you feel like you can only wear them during the spring or summer? Well, girl, it's time to pull out your dresses and mix it up!
- Turtlenecks, Turtlenecks, Turtlenecks - If it's still chilly where you are, pair a neutral-colored or mesh long sleeve or turtleneck under your dress. I promise it looks stunning and it's so simple!
- Sneaks & a Dress - Who doesn't have a pair of old chucks hiding in the back of your closet? It’s an easy throw-together outfit because it's so basic, but it's still always cute and trendy!
Did this help you? I hope now you can look at your closet with a pair of fresh eyes and are inspired to find all the new ways you can repurpose your favorite pieces in different ways!
Blog By: Taiya Maddison | @taiyamaddison