Traverse City, MI
Plato's Closet Traverse City is looking to hire an Assistant Manager, reporting directly to the Store Owner/Manager, with the potential to soon become Store Manager. The Assistant Manager acts as the right hand of the Owner/Manager, and is ultimately responsible and accountable for the success of the store. First and foremost, the Assistant Manager provides leadership and acts as a positive role model for all store employees, pro-actively managing store operations, customer service, staffing and training, merchandising, inventory management, loss prevention, and communications. When the Owner is not present, the Assistant Manager is capable of acting in their stead, with significant authority to make decisions.
The Assistant Manager is a full-time position, working on the sales floor at least 32-35 hours per week, including a minimum of 3 closing shifts per week and at least 2 out of 3 weekend days (Fri-Sun) on average over the course of a month. The remaining hours are used to complete various management tasks, which may or may not be accomplished while at the store. Responsibilities include:
- Oversight of Captains/Shift Managers and staff; work with Owner and appropriate staff to ensure successful implementation of Staff Training, Back Stock, Loss Prevention, and Customer Service programs;
- Running the store with a continuous mind towards “What Would the Owner Do/Say?”;
- Manage controllable expenses within budgetary guidelines. Review supply quantities and reorder supplies as necessary;
- Ensure that customer service goals are achieved, and that service standards are followed;
- Monitor floor and total inventory levels, so that there is sufficient inventory and all merchandise displays are full and appropriate;
- Hiring, training, and performance reviews for staff;
- Support the scheduling process and ensure that weekly schedules are posted in a timely manner.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred;
- 2+ years prior management and supervisory experience a plus;
- Schedule flexibility, able to work days, evenings, or weekends depending on the needs of the store;
- Strong leadership, organizational and time management skills;
- Proven customer service and strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Solution-oriented, focused on fixing/solving versus pointing out problems;
- Sales and goal oriented;
- Computer literate, POS and Credit Card system knowledge;
- Interest in fashion and current clothing styles also a plus.
Compensation based on candidate's education and experience, includes base salary plus monthly sales and performance-based bonus.
Interseted? Submit an application by clicking HERE.
We are currently looking for style conscious, customer service oriented sales associates to work day time shifts. The optimal candidate will be at least 18 years old and available to work days (9am to 5pm) on both weekdays and weekends, preferably 20+ hours per week. Responsibilities will include ringing sales, processing returns, answering phones, assisting customers, attending the fitting rooms, tagging, communicating the buy process to our customers, and other tasks associated with a sales associate position. This is an entry level position, with a long-term opportunity to earn additional responsibility and managerial role(s).
Plato's Closet employees also have access to some great benefits, including flexible hours, and a 25% employee discount on purchases in the store!
The right candidate must meet the following criteria:
1) Great customer service and communication skills, particularly in handling resale transactions with sensitivity. Must have familiarity with the brands and products that we sell. Prior retail experience is a plus, but we will train the right candidate.
2) Ability to work at a fast pace, with accuracy, to include basic math skills;
3) Ability to work independently, but also to work as part of a team;
4) Must have flexibility with work schedules; including holidays and weekends;
5) Familiarity with Point-of-Sale/cash register systems, to include credit card processing.
This is a sales floor position, with specific physical requirements. These include the ability to be active on the sales floor for long periods of time, up to eight (8) hours per day; lifting up to 40 pounds without assistance; and, bending, reaching, and rotating as conducive to a retail environment.
If you are interested in working in this fast-paced and fun environment, please apply through our current INDEED job postings.
We are committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of our employment relations without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or any other legally protected class status.