ADD YOUR STYLE TO OURS . . .
JOIN THE PLATO'S CLOSET® TEAM
At Plato's Closet, you are in charge of selecting our inventory. This gives you responsibility no other store does. We take our buying seriously! While a fashion degree is not required, people with an interest in and experience with young adult casual fashions are required.
Our stores are casual - wear the latest styles! Our employees are savvy and energetic. Plus we get to feel good about working for a company that contributes to the wellbeing of the environment. All in all, its lots of fun. But we still have to get the work done. That's where you come in.
TO APPLY FOR A POSITION
Love Fashion & Talking to People? Let's Chat!
We are looking for highly motivated, honest, reliable and customer service oriented individuals for our challenging, fun, fast-paced retail environment. A great sense of style with a knowledge of brands, current trends and labels a must! Along with an ability to prioritize, work with a sense of urgency, receive feedback and take action when appropriate. As an employee, you'll receive on-the-job training in recycled fashion.
- Assisting customers on the sale floor and at the dressing rooms
- Perform all point of sale related tasks, which involves but is not limited to: counting cash, making change, and operating the point of sale system.
- Creating interior and window displays and dressing mannequins.
- Actively participating in the ongoing processing of merchandise
- Answering the phone and answering questions about our concept
- Buying recycled fashions
- Assisting in keeping the store neat, including ongoing straightening of the merchandise and specific cleaning tasks as assigned.
We offer a competitive wage, flexible scheduling, fun casual work environment, great discount, first picks, contests & staff bonuses, ability to build your own stores ivnetory. Buyers can move on to get management positions at the stores.
Qualifications: Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to 8 hours a day. Lifting up to 40 lbs. without assistance. Bending, rotating, reaching as needed to receive, price, and stock merchandise.
Must be able to work at least 3 shifts per week and be available weekends. Speaking Polish or Spanish and/or daytime availability a plus.
WORK THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Contribute to the profitability of the store operations by monitoring, maintaing, handling, stocking, and helping manage the inventory of merchandise and supplies in a timely and organized manner. Help promote the brand image of both the products and the stores, and positively impact the customer experience by maintaining visual standards and keeping the store and back room stocked and organized.
1. Distributes inventory in a timely manner to sales floor. Ensure products are constantly available for the customers. *
2. Accurately track and document new and used inventories. Maintains a high level of stockroom organization so that items may be easily located. Participate in preparing store for and conducting periodic inventory audits and annual counts. *
3. Participates in the planning and execution of seasonal merchandising changes, floor set and sale events according to standards and expectations. *
4. Reports any theft, suspected theft, problems or discrepancies to management immediately.*
5. When on sales floor, acts in a professional manner. *
6. Performs repair & maintenace and housekeeping duties such as floor sweeps and rack maintenance.*
7. Responsible for accurate accounting of all back stock. *
8. Maintains back rooms in a clean, orderly and safe manner. *
9. Attends store meetings and training sessions as requested. *
10. Adheres to all company policies and procedures paying special attention to health and/or safety procedures. *
11. Contributes to other tasks and projects to keep store running smoothly. *
We offer a competitive wage, flexible scheduling, fun casual work environment, great discount, first picks, contests & staff bonuses, ability to build your own stores ivnetory. Inventory Specialists can move on tosupervisory and management positions at the stores.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Conditions of Employment
Possession of a valid Illinois driver's license is a requirement for this job.
Full time - Must be able to work Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 7am - 3:30pm, and Tues and Thursday flexible start times. Additional overtime hours in the busy season is required along with an occassional Sunday for seasonal floor flip.
Culture Isn't Dictated...It's Inspired
The Assistant Manager is responsible for managing and providing leadership for all operations, support processes and activities in the store in order to achieve store sales and profit objectives. The range of duties are related to; inventory management, staffing, training, evaluating personnel, sales, visual merchandising, social media marketing and customer service and satisfaction. A love of fashion and clothing is essential. Extensive training in buying clothing from customers is provided.
- Assist with buying, selling, pricing, ticketing and merchandising by adhering to merchandising standards, evaluating market demands, adhering to buying plan, managing stock and sales levels, and meeting or exceeding store sales goals and purchase goals.
- Responsible for the timely flow of merchandise to the sales floor and storage area. Ensure the sales floor is full at all times with the appropriate product.
- Maintaining merchandise and visual presentation standards on a daily basis. Including the proper usage of all in-store signage components and standards.
- Assist with determining personnel requirements based on season and store schedule; assist with staff recruitment and interviewing. Train, certify and evaluate current staff as assigned throughout all stages of their development.
- Familiarize yourself and staff with product merchandise, current fashion trends and brands.
- Performs all opening and closing procedures.
- Promote, coach and role model superior customer service to all customers, every day. Insure that all store associates understand and support the pursuit of superior service and our non-negotiable standards.
- Monitor employee hours in relationship to sales and make cuts or additions if necessary.
- Observe and encourage through positive communication staff performance and productivity. Maintaining accurate recordings in the manager log of sales, staff performance, customer’s situations, and repair and maintenance issues.
- Protects store assets by ensuring all staff follow safety and security rules and procedures.
- Insure all inventory functions are completed as directed, including regular inventory counts. Insure merchandise receiving and ticketing occurs in a timely manner, so that merchandise can be processed to the selling floor for sale. Back stock inventory needs to be organized, rotated and dated to insure oldest merchandise is brought out to the sales floor first.
- Conducts periodic meetings in conjunction with the Store Manager to keep employee relations at a high level and to keep employees informed of relevant information...
- We offer a competitive base salary along with bonus potential
- Health insurance, vacation, sick time, 4 paid holidays and a generous employee discount
- Extended training opportunities
- Ability to build your own stores inventory
- Positive impact on the enviroment
- Career advancement
One year prior retail management experience or 2 years prior retail sales experience preferred with strong leadership skills exhibited. Strong organizational and time management skills are vital. Proven customer service, communication and strong interpersonal skills required. Must successfully complete LEADS certification and be computer and retail math literate. Able to work 35-40 hrs a week flexible schedule that includes mornings, nights & weekends. Must be able to work occasional overtime when necessary. Must possess valid Driver’s License to drive a company vehicle.