Inventory Manager (Full Time)
Stock Associate (Part Time)
We are looking for people who love fashion and love thrifting and enjoy working retail. An eye for style along with an engaging personality and a flexible schedule with availability on weekends are some of the basic requirements. Spanish fluency is a huge plus. Also sneakerhead knowledge while not required is a huge plus.
We are looking for people who are detail-oriented and want to work in a fast-paced environment. Our job here at Plato's Closet Pacifica is to encourage our customers to sell their gently used clothing to us - and when we get it, we need to tag it, sort it, and get it on the floor so our shoppers have new styles to find every day.
The positions availabe at our store right now require high level of physical stamina - standing on feet for extended periods, lifting up to 40 pounds, sorting and moving a high volume of clothing each day - all while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude with our fellow teammates and our customers.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a resume along with a quick note telling us why you think you'd be perfect for the job.
For our full time positions, we are looking for people with previous experience in clothing retail.
For entry-level positions, we are looking for a dynamic, engaging pesonality, open availability, fast-learning individuals who can keep up with a fast-paced work environment.
Career Match Quiz
- Do you go through your friends' closets when they aren't looking?
- Do you enjoy getting to know new people and have a service mindset?
- Do you know what the hottest styles are?
- Do you enjoy working alongside like-minded, interesting, fun people?
- Do you like getting great discounts on cool stuff?
If you answered "yes" to most of these questions, we'd love to meet you.
At Plato's Closet, we offer:
- Full and part-time positions
- Flexible schedules that complement your busy life
- A great employee discount
To contribute to the profitability of the retail operation by receiving, handling and helping manage the inventory of merchandise and supplies in a timely and organized manner. Help promote the brand image of both the product and the store. Positively impact the customer experience by maintaining visual standards by keeping the store and back room organized.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Responsible for the timely flow of merchandise to the sales floor and storage area. Ensure the sales floor is full at all times with the appropriate product.
- Accurately track and document new and used inventories, utilizing inventory tools. Maintain a high level of back room/off-site organization so that items may be easily located. Participate in preparing store for and conducting periodic inventory audits and annual counts.
- Maintain store displays and adhere to store housekeeping procedures and maintenance standards. Follow the brand merchandising direction regarding inventory signage. Ensure products are easily accessible, visually appealing and constantly available to the customer on the sales floor.
- Participate in the planning and execution of seasonal merchandising changes, floor transitions and events (sale or other) according to standards and expectations.
- Stage incoming shipments, verifying all deliveries for accuracy. Maintain accurate records of purchase orders, damaged items and delivery over/shortages.
- Report any discrepancies, theft, or suspected theft by employees or customers to the appropriate parties immediately.
- Develop proficiency in operating POS system for all sales transactions, buys, returns, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior retail experience preferred in similar product lines, but willing to train the right candidate. Previous retail replenishment experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail is required.
- Ability to work well as a team member, accepts constructive feedback, and follows directions.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking ability required.
- Excellent communication, self-management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to 8 hours a day.
- Lifting up to 40 lbs. without assistance. May involve heavier lifting with assistance of team member or cart/dolly.
- Bending, rotating, and reaching conducive to a retail environment and to receiving,
pricing and stocking merchandise.
- Exposure to typical retail environment and noise levels.
- Able to operate a computerized sales terminal.