The main duty of the Sales Associate is to maintain the sales floor in an orderly fashion. This position promotes a high level of customer service by assuring customers are assisted in an enthusiastic, timely, and knowledgeable manner. Sales Associates must have the desire to be promoted as quickly as possible to the next level which is a Buyer - Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Hangs clothing
- Tags clothing
- Assists customer in bringing items into the store and in signing in their buy
- Explains the buying process as well as wait times
- Assists customer with sales
- Demonstrates to the customer good knowledge of all products we sell
- Directs customers to the items that they are seeking
- Walks floor regularly to pick up items that are out of place
- Walks floor regularly to offer customer assistance
- Assists the customer out with their passes for their buy
- When running a register ensures that there are no shortages or overages
- When running a register ensures that all policies and procedures as outlined in training, and company manuals/training checklists are followed
- Asks customers to join our e-mail list
- Follows employee handbook, and procedures: Verbally and those in writing.
Merchandising and Store Maintenance:
- Getting merchandise out on the racks and sales floor in a timely and orderly fashion
- Maintains the racks. Keeps them organized and attractive in appearance.
- Assists in keeping the store clean: cleaning restrooms, vacuuming, dusting, organizing, wiping down counters etc.
- Gets along well with other employees
- Works well as a team member to achieve store goals as set forth by management
- Does what is asked of them
- Greets every customer in an enthusiastic manner
- Follows the Non-Negotiable Standards as set forth during training
- All tasks as noted above in relation to the customer
- Ability to handle a VERY fast paced atmosphere
- Must be able to work the schedule that is assigned to them with some flexibility including nights and weekends
- Ability to stand for up to 8-10 hours a day, lift up to 50 lbs., climb a ladder, perform bending and reaching tasks (NOTE: Plato's Collierville, LLC dba Plato’s Closet does not have “light duty.”)
- Cash register experience - preferably touch screen a plus
- Love for fashion and shopping